Friday, June 25, 2010

Just as my ancestors set sail over the open sea...

...I have just started this new blog. Well, maybe not so dramatic. But this is a new experience for me and I hope I can learn something meaningful from it. My main interest is the McGowan line (or McGowen, or McGown, or M'Gown as it may have been spelt at any given time) which came over from County Antrim in Northern Ireland when my ancestor Alexander McGowen arrived on the shores of Pennsylvania in 1807. But naturally there are many other lines that have merged into what I am (and maybe you are) now, including Bruner, Sampson, Shattuck, Detwiler, Bull, McCord, Dana, Lethbridge, Adrian, Rhodes, Jeffers, Emery, and many more who I am equally interested in. I've just set sail. Here's hoping that my journey will be filled with wonderful discoveries.

No comments:

Post a Comment